In-Home Services provide the opportunity for observation and coaching in skills to reduce risk and increase attachment between parents and children.
- Provide home services for youth with mental health diagnosis or substance abuse issues in conjunction with the supervising practitioner and therapist involved with the client.
- Focus on supplementing therapy done with youth by educating the child, family, or teacher as to how to deal with problems related to mental health or substance abuse.
- Link the youth with appropriate support systems, such as health, mental health, substance abuse treatment, and educational services within their community.
Programs Oasis Counseling offers are:
- Family Support & Visitations for at-risk families
- Medicaid Community Treatment Aide for children with mental health diagnoses
- Probation Community Treatment Aide for juveniles with mental health and addiction issues
- Community Response for at-risk families
The goals of In-Home Services are to:
- Teach Life Skills
- Assist families in gaining or maintaining independence. Assist families in gaining or maintaining self-sufficiency.
- Assist families in gaining personal development skills such as problem solving, stress reduction, and communication.
- Improve family members’ skills in seeking and using personal and community support systems.
- Provide for Parent-Child Relationship Building
- Assist parents in the provision of a safe and healthy home environment.
- Increase family and individual communication skills.
- Assist in development of more nurturing and responsive parenting skills.
- Assist families in resolution of problematic behaviors and issues.
- Assist families in development of clear roles, rules, boundaries, and expectations among all family members.
- Teach Parent Education
- Strengthen and empower parents in their role.
- Increase parents’ knowledge and understanding of child development stages.
- Teach the use of non-violent discipline techniques.
- Teach and promote pro-active parenting strategies.
- Implement Youth / Child Interventions
- Assist in the promotion of school attendance.
- Develop interpersonal skills.
- Develop child’s coping skills for managing behavior.
- Support Adolescents and Their Families
- Assist parents in working with children who have a mental health diagnosis.
- Access family environment and network with therapists.
- Implement therapist’s goals in the home.